Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Christmas has become a secular holiday worldwide. But I don't feel any particular holiday spirit today. Maybe it's simply because I have to work today. However, I did have a good time with my students this evening. We talked about the origin of Christmas, Santa Claus, and La Befana. In addition, I introduced the Taiwanese version of "Jingle Bells" and my all-time favorite Christmas carol, "My grown-up Christmas List" by Kelly Clarkson. I guess that sort of sparked their interest in another different culture and studying English.

Today, I'd like to introduce the Taiwanese version of "Jingle Bells" to friends who can read Chinese. According to the information I got online, it's well-written and was completed in 2006. Not many Taiwanese people know the version. But it seems that more and more elementary students are taught to sing this song and perform it on stage as Christmas draws closer. If you are intrigued about what the song sounds like, just take a look at the video clip. It's performed by a group of elementary school students. It's very cute.

Once again, merry Christmas to all of you! Feliz Navidad!



Jingle Bells 台語版 台語:歡喜聖誕節 詞:王金選

北風呼呼吹,誰人對遮過,
聖誕老阿伯,禮物揹一大袋;
也有運動鞋,也有尪仔冊,
也有糖仔佮番麥,實在有夠濟。
緊來提,緊來提,一人有一個;
樓頂樓跤茨(厝)邊頭尾,逐家歡喜做伙,
也唱歌,也泡茶,也有講笑詼;
上重要的就愛感謝,聖誕老阿伯~~

想對這首歌有更多的了解嗎?下面這個網站介紹得很詳細哦。

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/Jimmylin92&article_id=2656169



沒有留言:

張貼留言

(1) 如你要發表意見,如有 Gmail 及 Google 的話,請點選「Google Account」這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),接下來輸入 google (或 gmail) 的帳號及密碼後,即可完成留言囉!

(2) 如沒有gmail,google的帳號,或其他open ID 帳號的話,那請點選 Anonymous (匿名)這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),即可完成留言囉!