Home Sweet Home & Back to Basics
After listening to and watching "hurt"and "I turn to you" by Christina Aguilera, I coudn't stop sobbing. Not many songs are dedicated to parents. But those two songs are well-written and Christina did a great job on those two songs.

"I turn to you" is the song going out to Christina's mother. This music video is not totally in line with the lyrics. It describes a girl who had a car accident. The first thing came to her mind is her mother. She called her mom right away. With worries and love, her mother rushed to the scene to comfort her and take care of it. For the girl, her mom is like a fortress or a shelter. The lyrics are even more touching to me. It describes whenever we are fragile and weak, we all go back to the arms of our mothers, to escape from the stress or problems in our real lives, to regain the strength and to get back in the game. Mother is always a person who is a shelter, always there for us, behind us, rain or shine. Even when we are too busy to accompany her or say "I love you", she tries to understand and crosses her fingers for us. If possible, she will stop at nothing to turn the world around when we are down.

"Hurt" (click on "hurt" and check out the music video) is one of the greatest songs in her latest album, Back to Basics. When I first listened to this song on the radio, I felt this was a great and wonderful song. Christina perfectly manipulated her voice with emotion. Tonight, when I read the lyrics and watched the music video on YouTube.com, I was so blown away and got so emotional. The song is about the relationship between a girl and her father. When she was little, her father took her to a circus and watched the great performance over there. She fell in love with the performance. Her father taught her how to walk on a high-wire and traied her to be a professional. Finally she got into the circus and became famous. She got all the fame and fortune. However, she was too busy to spend more time with her father. One time, her father watched her performance and gave her a big hand with a large crowd. After the show, she was surrounded by jounalists and fans. She saw her father and she couldn't even set aside some time to hold his hand. The next thing she heard from her father was that he had passed away from a telegraph. She wish she could do anyting she could possibly do to get her father back, just get a minute to talk to him, look him in the eyes and wait for him to look back. This music video was pretty sad, but it sort of reflected a lot of real-life and vivid cases around us.

Wonderful lyrics and the way Christina interprets the song with her poweful and sweet voice makes "hurt" sound more emotional. One of my family members has been sick for a while. So when I listened to this song, I couldn't help thinking about if I had been up to my ears working instead of spending more time with her. When I was vulnerable and weak, she always cheered me up and had faith in me. But what did I do for her? Life should not be like this. So, those two songs are really thought-provoking. I do appreciate music or movies like those. Check out the lyrics and the music videos below. Hope you like them just like I do.


I Turn to You

Verse 1:

When I'm lost in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light to light my way
And when I'm scared and losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around
And when I'm down you're there pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got

Chorus:

For a shield from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do
For everything that's true
I turn to you

Verse 2:
When I lose the will to win
I just reach for you and I can reach the sky again
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing
'Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend, you're always on my side
Giving me faith that gets me through the night

Repeat Chorus*1

For the arms to be my shelter
Through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For that one who I can run to...

Repeat Chorus*1

I turn to you…

===========================================================

Hurt

Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
You told me how proud you were but I walked away
If only I knew what I know today

I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Thank you for all you've done
Forgive all your mistakes
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself by hurting you
Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just want to hide 'cause it's you I miss
You know it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this

Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I wouldn't to do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself
If I had just one more day, I would tell you how much that
I've missed you since you've been away

Oh, it's dangerous
It's so out of line to try to turn back time

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself

By hurting you

沒有留言:

張貼留言

(1) 如你要發表意見,如有 Gmail 及 Google 的話,請點選「Google Account」這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),接下來輸入 google (或 gmail) 的帳號及密碼後,即可完成留言囉!

(2) 如沒有gmail,google的帳號,或其他open ID 帳號的話,那請點選 Anonymous (匿名)這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),即可完成留言囉!