Happy April Fool's Day (愚人節快樂)

It's April Fool's Day today. Did anyone pull any pranks on you? Did they get you?

The last time I played a prank on my friend on April Fool's Day was back in college. I still remember it vividly. And ever since then, I've never ever done anything like this anymore because I really learned a lesson.

Here is what happened. On that day, I called one of my best friends called "Da-rong" and told him that I was on the way to his hometown by motorcycle. At first, he sounded excited because I was going to visit him . After I told him that I needed his help because I had a car accident on the way and I didn't know what to do, he sounded tense and worried. At that time, the only thing that crossed my mind was, " I am gonna make it", but I still tried to sound calm and desperate to convince him. Here is the conversation between us.

(Da-rong did sound worried and he totally bought my crap.)

Da-rong: Are you OK?

(I tried so hard not to laugh by taking a deep breath before I answered this question.)

Gary: Don't worry. I'm fine. Just some minor injuries and bruises. Nothing serious. The only problem is that my motorbike can't function properly now. So probably I need you to pick me up here.

(He sounded relieved, and I told myself that I was gonna get him. )

Da-rong: Do you know where you are? I will pick you up right away.

(In order to create a climactic end, I decided to bring the prank a bit further.)

Gary: I don't exactly know the road name. Let me ask people near me and I'll call you back just in a sec.

(After hanging up this phone, I laughed out loud for 2 or 3 minutes before I rang him again.)

Gary: Hello. Da-rong.

Da-rong: Do you know where you are now?

Gary: Yes, I do. But let me tell you something first.

Da-rong: What is it?

Gary: Happy April Fool's Day.

Da-rong: What?

Gary: Happy April Fool's Day. I am at home. It's April 1st, you know.

Da-rong: What? You are not on the way to my house and the wrong thing is a prank?

Gary: Yes. Come on. Lighten up. It's just a trick. Take it easy. Isn't this what we usually do on April Fool's Day?

Da-rong: Yes, but not something like this. It's not funny, man. You know what? I told my father about this and he was in the car and waiting for me. As soon as we know where you are, we will hit the road and pick you up.

Gary: Really? I'm sorry. So, what are we gonna do now?

Da-rong: Hold on. Let me tell my father about this. He is still waiting for me in the car.

Gary: OK. Sorry about it.

(While he was explaining the whole thing to his father, I was so nervous and felt so apologetic for the stupid prank. I guess it's over the top this time. And all of a sudden, on the other side of the phone, I heard something like "four letter words" by Da-rong's father, loud and angry. )

Da-rong: I just told my father about this. We both feel relieved. But this is not funny, man. Don't ever do this again.

Gary: Sorry about that. I didn't know that you would tell your father about this. Please accept my apology. And please tell your father that I am very sorry. I will never ever do it again.

Da-rong: It's OK.

So, there you have it. This is the last prank I pulled on April Fool's Day. I learned a lesson. What about you? Here is my advice. If you really want to experience the holiday spirit on this speical holiday, don't make up something stupid like this. Most of all, don't get your friend's parents involved or you will be in BIG TROUBLE.

Have you ever made any pranks on your friends? Maybe you can share your stories with me.

Happy April Fool's Day to you all!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

(1) 如你要發表意見,如有 Gmail 及 Google 的話,請點選「Google Account」這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),接下來輸入 google (或 gmail) 的帳號及密碼後,即可完成留言囉!

(2) 如沒有gmail,google的帳號,或其他open ID 帳號的話,那請點選 Anonymous (匿名)這個選項,輸入Word Verification(驗證碼)後,再點選 Publish Your Comments(送出你的意見),即可完成留言囉!